Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Sahaj Marg Meditation: What to do?

Sahaj Marg Meditation: What to do?
By Sanskrit Kannan - SRCM Preceptor

In the previous article (Sahaj Marg Meditation - Condition: Some tips), we heard from Chariji Maharaj and Shri. Kamlesh D Patel on what we should not do after meditation.

Let us see what Chariji Maharaj tells us what should we do before Sahaj Marg meditation. I asked Him once about this, especially before morning meditation . He told me that we should first do meditation in the morning.  Some people go for walking and then do meditation in the morning which is not right.

Chariji Maharaj also added that we should not do meditation in empty stomach. " Take milk,  or at least water before meditation. But don't waste time in making coffee etc. Water will do.  He told me a story in this regard. 

Once a person went to Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa and told him, " Master,  I am interested in spiritual progress. What should I do? " The Master repled, " please read some verses of Bhagavad Gita daily and also take grape juice. " The seeker asked, " Master how much grape juice should I drink daily? "The Master laughing replied, " you are not yet ready for spirituality. Had you asked me how much verses of Bhagavad Gita should I read daily, I would have advised you. Instead you are more interested in grape juice. Please go now and come back after some days. "

Rev. Chariji Maharaj said,  " So, if I say you may take coffee or milk in the morning before meditation, your time will be spent /wasted on this. So water will do".


What about yawning during or after Sahaj Marg meditation?  We will address this question in another article. 

No comments: